Testosterone is the primary male hormone, which plays a crucial role in enhancing bodybuilding, sex drive, self-confidence and several other male characteristics. The high amounts of testosterone in a male’s body make them confident, strong and sexually complete.
According to studies, the level of testosterone has reduced significantly in males in the last 15 years. This is because of the unhealthy eating and lifestyle habits of today. Naturally, the level of testosterone also decreases with age; therefore, there are several men looking for answers to how to increase testosterone in men.
In this article, we will help you with different proven natural methods to increase testosterone levels without coming down with any side effects. Don’t miss the tip near the end of the article that deals with ways to increase your sexual potency. Learn know how a simple spray can make you irresistible to women, so let’s get ready to spike your manhood. Here are the steps to boost your T levels.
1. Get Your Sleep Dose
Testosterone levels are at their peak when you are in your late 20s. After 30, it begins to reduce gradually. This is the reason there is a reduction in muscle mass and reduced energy and libido once you reach 30.
This decline in testosterone level is gradual; however, nowadays the increased drop in T levels is primarily due to hectic lifestyle and unhealthy foods. According to recent studies, researchers have proved that by making healthy changes in lifestyle and applying simple natural treatment, you can bring up the level of your alpha hormones.
Let’s begin with something that is easy to do: Get proper sleep.
Quality night sleep is essential for increasing men’s testosterone levels. When you sleep, the body takes rest and restores its optimal functioning. Studies show that it is essential that you get deep sleep for the proper rejuvenation of your body. Don’t spend your time browsing the net unnecessary before you sleep. Get at least eight hours of proper sleep if you want to enjoy your alpha characteristics for a long time.
2. Know Your Nutritional Requirements
If you are getting proper sleep, but feel low and fatigued during your morning workout session, then you should look into your nutrient levels. You might be surprised, but there are ways on how to increase testosterone in men with food.
Taking nutritional supplements as well as taking nutrient rich foods will help make you rejuvenated.
- Zinc: Men having a zinc deficiency usually face testosterone drop. The levels are also low in those who train vigorously because zinc is lost in huge quantities when you sweat. If you find that your zinc levels are low, you can take zinc supplements.
Increasing the zinc levels will in turn helps to increase your testosterone levels. There are also natural sources of zinc, such as oyster and red meat that you can include in your diet. Other zinc boosters are beans, pistachio, avocado, grains and green vegetables such as spinach.
Make sure you take the recommended amounts of zinc as increased supply can lead to bowel problems.
- Magnesium: Magnesium works to optimize several different reactions and processes in the human body. And like zinc, it is also lost when you sweat. You can take magnesium supplements and include magnesium-rich foods such as Brazil nuts and seeds in your diet.
- Creatine: Creatine works to increase the amount of ATP in your body, and thus gives you more strength. Several studies conducted have proven that creatine helps increase the testosterone levels. You can optimize your level of creatine, by consuming moderate amounts of red meat. Turn to supplements if you are too low in creatine
Note: When looking for ways on how to increase testosterone in men, you don’t have to start eating bulk of hormone boosting foods. The first step can be to check your diet and find the foods that are doing more harm than good to your health. Eliminate the foods from your diet that drop your T levels, increase your estrogen content and cause a negative impact on men’s characteristic.
3. Raise Your Vitamin D Levels
Many people are deficit of vitamin D especially if they live in areas with lesser sunshine or are stuck in lifestyles where they are required to stay in air conditioned rooms. Without the proper exposure of sunrays, you are not likely to receive your required dose of vitamin D. Besides increasing your testosterone levels, it also helps to improve your semen virility; thus, vitamin D is also the best answer to how to increase sperm count.
You can analyze your level of vitamin D through tests like 25-OH vitamin D test. The required range of testosterone should be between 40 to 60 nanograms/milliliter to 50 to 70 nanograms per milliliter (ng/ml).
There is a correlation between vitamin D deficiency and testosterone deficiency. The low of amounts of vitamin D may indicate to low testosterone in men.
You can increase your vitamin D levels by exposing yourself to the morning sun. If are extremely low in vitamin D, consider taking vitamin supplements alongside. Fish, meat and eggs also help to increase the level of vitamin D.
4. Eat Healthy Stay Healthy
Excessive weight gain is one of the reasons for reduced testosterone levels. So, if you are trying to increase your testosterone level, you should reduce your sweet cravings and instead turn to better health boost alternatives. Here are a few tips:
- Go Nuts: Almonds, hazelnuts and pecans are effective testosterone boosting foods. They increase your blood circulation and, in turn, enable you to work out better.
- Get a Juicy Steak: Consume organic steak variety, which will be more useful for your body because of its high levels of omega-3 fatty acid.
- Start your Day with Orange: The Vitamin C content of orange can bring down the cortisol level and thus increase testosterone.
- Munch on a Handful of Grapes: They have high resveratrol content, which is known for its antioxidant properties. Berries are also rich in antioxidants and have lower sugar content than other fruits.
- Eat Your Broccoli: You can steam it or even eat it raw as a snack.
- Go for the Dark Chocolates: Dark chocolates not only increase your libido, but enhance testosterone levels too. Consume a few pieces of dark chocolates with increased raw cocoa content.
5. Go For High Intensity Interval Training, HIIT
Researchers have proved that High Intensity Interval Training is one of the best testosterone boosting exercises. You can replace your intense aerobic cardio exercises with HIIT workout. Do it for about 10 to12 minutes every day.
Cardio exercises can lead to oxidative stress and you can avoid this by indulging in high intensity burst training. Long-term rigorous cardio lowers your testosterone levels and your body takes about 36 hours to regain this level. It can also lead to premature ageing.
With the burst training exercise, you will be burning sugar instead of fat. This will help you instantly energized after your exercise session. This exercise will stimulate your body to digest fat and to slowly release energy.
There are numerous exercises to choose from such as treadmill, lunges, butt kicks and high knees. Do not do these exercises for a longer time initially. Keep the session for 10 to12 minutes and come back for exercise the next day.
Low intensity cardio will be doing more damage than benefit to your body. So if you are looking to weight loss, fat reduction and testosterone increase, switch to HIIT.
6. Lose Weight To Gain Testosterone Level
Obese people have a lower testosterone level when compared to people with normal weight. Losing weight is one of the easiest tricks to increase testosterone level. Researchers have found this connection and proven through studies. In the year 2012, they presented these astounding findings in the “Endocrine Society meeting.”
Researchers put the men who were overweight and had reduced testosterone levels on a strict exercise and diet regimen. They notice a significant increase in the hormone level and reduced weight in these participants.
With the right level of testosterone, you can get rid of the fat deposits from your tummy, convert it into muscle mass and flaunt your six pack body.
7. Lift the Weights: Increase Your Strength and Improve Your T Levels
One of the best strength training methods is weight lifting. Weight lifting helps build lean muscle mass, and thus increase the supply of anabolic hormones in the body. You might be wondering if this will technique will help old men.
No matter what your age is, weight lifting works. However, it is imperative that you start with lower loads according to your stamina and then increase gradually. The increase in the T level is directly based on the increased muscles. You can also try physical exercises such as squats, bench presses and rows.
8. Hazards of Overtraining: Don’t Stress Your Body
Prolonged periods of rigorous exercise can affect your testosterone level in the body. Men who go for long and difficult exercises sessions to build their muscles and increase their alpha look usually ends with low testosterone levels.
This is because workout sessions increase cortisol level in the body. Long exercise periods followed by long rest periods also reduce the male hormone level. The trick is to keep the exercise sessions below 60 minutes with shorter intervals.
9. Cut the Stress and Add T-Hormones
Cortisol is the stress hormone, which is one of the biggest enemies of man’s testosterone. In a stressed situation, your body produces large amounts of this stress hormone, which causes a negative impact to your body.
This stress hormone creates a fight or flight response, which suppresses the testosterone behaviors, such as aggression and competence. Even minor stress situations can profoundly affect your testosterone levels. In today’s living conditions, people face chronic stress situations; and therefore it is vital that you find ways to get rid of stress and anxiety to in order to live a healthy life.
Meditation and yoga are a few of the best techniques to fight stress. Deep breathing and inducing positivity can be helpful in bringing down the stress levels too. You can also train your subconscious state to fight stress.
10. Eliminate Sugars: The Culprit Behind Many Health Disorders
A high sugar content in the body increases the insulin level, which in turn decreases the T hormone levels. Many doctors have warned the detrimental effects of sugar on health, still people are not able to take off their sweet cravings. The simple reason is that sweets taste good and makes you feel contented for a while.
Researchers have found that the negative effects of sugar on testosterone level are quick. They found a quick drop in testosterone levels by 25 percent in an individual just after taking sweet drink. Besides, the effect remained for about two hours.
This directly implies that if you consume more sugar rich foods during this two hour period, the male hormone level will keep dropping. Eventually, this will end up in chronic testosterone depleted state in guys.
There are several techniques and alternatives that you should follow to reduce the sugar craving.
11. How to Increase Testosterone in Men: Consume Healthy Fats
Healthy fats such as mono and polyunsaturated fats help increase male testosterone levels. Here are a few types of foods that you should include in your diet to increase the supply of healthy fat in your body:
- Olive Oil: Replace your regular salad dressings with natural virgin olive oil. It helps absorb cholesterol that increases testosterone production. Prevent all kinds of trans fat foods such as deep fried, processed and frozen ones.
- Avocado: Avocado supplies healthy fat. It is also rich in vitamin E. Doctors also recommend avocados to increase the sperm quality.
- Salmon: Add some salmon into your diet for increasing the omega-3 fatty acid content in your body. It increases the luteinizing hormone in males, and in turn upsurges the level of testosterone. You can also consider taking fish oil supplements.
12. Eggs: A Healthy Testosterone-Boosting Food
The majority of people are ditching the consumption of fats to become healthy and fit; however, they fail to understand the significance of healthy fats for the betterment of their health.
Eggs are not only rich in protein, but they also provide necessary healthy fats to your body. One of the biggest misconceptions among people is that they should avoid eating yolk and consume only egg whites.
Egg yolks are high in cholesterol level, but it is good cholesterol or HDL, which increases the production of sex hormones. The protein content in eggs also helps men who exercise regularly to build muscles. It contains other bioactive components including zinc that are good for your body.
13. Say No to Alcohol
Alcohol not only drops your testosterone levels, but it also results in a slow metabolism.
There are numerous studies, which conclude that alcohol can lower testosterone. This is because it tends to increase the level of estrogen in your blood. Estrogen decreases testosterone creation in your body.
An increase of estrogen levels in your body and reduced ability to burn fat, results in increases fat accumulation over time. What is more detrimental is that additional body fat further enhances estrogen levels; thus, it becomes a nasty cycle and you will keep on putting weight.
There is one more side effect of alcohol that you should know. It increases your appetite. There are sufficient indications that when you consume alcohol before a meal, you usually eat much more than usual. This can further increase your body weight.
Avoid alcohol to increase your testosterone levels and help you stay lean and muscular.
14. Check Your Medicine Cabinet
Here is a list of prescription drugs that can be the reason for your reduced testosterone levels:
- Doctors prescribe statins like Lipitor for cardiovascular diseases to lower cholesterol levels. Lower cholesterol level means reduced raw material for hormone production.
- Opioids are found in painkillers and cough medication. They affect the dopamine levels and thus lower testosterone. Some studies have also shown that compulsive masturbation also leads to opioid like reactions in the body.
- Cimetidine is a component of stomach and heartburn medication. It is anti-androgenic. Maintain a healthy gut system and keep away from medications.
- Spironolactone is used for high blood pressure problem, but it blocks the cytochrome P450 in leydig cells and even leads to the formation of breasts in men.
- Beta blockers are effective drugs for anxiety and high blood pressure. Pindol and propranolol decreases the T hormone level significantly.
- Almost all antipsychotics block the dopamine activity in the brain and lead to permanent depreciation of male hormone production.
15. Increase Sexual Activity to Raise Testosterone Levels
Build up the heat in your bedroom and have regular sex to keep the steady supply of the testosterone hormones. Researchers have found that increased sexual activity enhances the production of male hormones, including testosterone.
When you indulge with your partner in regular sex sessions, you not only keep yourself manly and healthy, but also make your relationship stronger. In order to make yourself irresistible to women, you may want to try pheromones spray.
Using active pheromones from Nexus Pheromones helps bring back the love and attraction in your life. With the application of this spray, you will find your woman responding to you positively. It is a natural mating response and scientists have proven it to be the most effective method to increase your sexual potency.
16. Increase Testosterone In Males: Remain Active
The body works by instinct and the signal to produce hormone is produced in response to brain signals. When you are sitting idly all the time, the brain gets the message that you do not have any activity.
Your brain notes that there is no requirement for muscle or bone strength, and thus reduces the hormone production. When you are active, the brain sends the signals for increasing the production of needed hormones in order to meet the needs of the active body.
You do not have to stay all day long in the gym. You can do simple exercises such as brisk walking for a few minutes. Squats exert pressure on the muscles, which in turn increase the hormone production.
Taking testosterone supplements for men also works to increase the formation of testosterone hormones.
17. Testing for Thyroid Functioning
If you are middle-aged and wondering how to increase testosterone in men over 50, the first thing you should do is test your thyroid levels. Hypothyroidism is a condition where the thyroid gland does not produce required hormones to keep the body functioning properly. This activity influences the functioning of all other hormones including testosterone.
You should get your thyroid checked and treated early so that your testosterone levels stay under control. Besides, you can find other ways to increase your testosterone levels, as well. You may think: how to increase testosterone in men with supplements. When looking for an effective testosterone supplement, consult with your doctor for the best advice.
18. Kick the Butts: Even More Reasons to Stop Smoking
Everybody is aware of the drastic effects of smoking on your body. It not only triggers the formation of numerous health disorders, but also dampens your libido and reduces your testosterone hormones.
Initially, it may be tough to quit smoking, but the journey becomes gradually easy. You can get started with the patches, gum or electronic cigarettes to get rid of your addiction. Work on your goal to quit smoking; however, do not punish or beat yourself up if you don’t succeed, there are plenty of options available.
Testosterone is not just about increased sexuality, but it is vital for several other functions in your body. If you have finally found the answer to how to increase testosterone in men, practice ways to keep your testosterone level in control. Lifestyle and healthy habits can be the best solution for optimal testosterone levels.